10 Easy Home Improvement Projects to Refresh Your Space
Home improvement projects can be a great way to add character and value to your home while also making it more comfortable and enjoyable. While some home improvement projects require a significant investment of time and money, there are plenty of easy, low-cost ways to refresh your space. Here are 10 easy home improvement projects that you can complete in a weekend or less that will instantly update the look and feel of your living space without breaking the bank.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint is one of the easiest ways to transform any room in your house. Choose a bright color for an energizing effect or go with something neutral for a more calming vibe – either way, new paint will instantly make any room look brand new!
- Change Out Hardware: Changing out door knobs, drawer pulls, light fixtures and other hardware is an easy project that requires minimal effort but has big results in terms of updating the look of any room in your house. Opt for something modern or go with classic brass – whatever you choose will make all the difference!
- Install Peel-and-Stick Wallpaper: If you want to add some pattern or texture without committing too much time or effort (or money), peel-and-stick wallpaper is perfect for you! Installing peel-and-stick wallpaper is as simple as peeling off backing paper and sticking it onto walls – no glue is required! You can easily move it around until you get just the right placement before pressing firmly into place so it’s even easier than painting!
- Removable Wall Decals: Another great option if you’re looking for an instant update. Removable wall decals! With removable wall decals, all you have to do is peel off backing paper and stick them onto walls wherever desired – no glue is required here either! These decals come in all sorts of designs from floral patterns to geometric shapes so finding one that fits your style should be no problem at all!
- Update Light Fixtures: Updating light fixtures throughout your house can drastically change how rooms appear – both during daytime hours when natural light streams through windows as well as nighttime hours when artificial lighting takes over rooms after sundown. Swap out outdated ceiling lights with modern flush mount options – these provide ample lighting while keeping things minimalistic at the same time so they’re perfect if you want maximum impact but don’t want anything too flashy taking up visual real estate on ceilings.
- Hang Mirrors & Artwork: Adding mirrors & artwork throughout houses not only adds personality but also serves practical purposes such as creating illusions of extra space by reflecting light into rooms (great if houses are small!) & helping define areas within open concept spaces (such as living/dining areas). Plus who doesn’t love art? It adds life & energy into homes like nothing else does! 7 . Update Window Treatments: Are window treatments outdated? Swap out outdated curtains with more modern roman shades, bamboo blinds, sheer drapes, etc., depending on what suits you best aesthetically! Not only do these window treatments provide beauty, but they also help filter sunlight entering homes which helps keep interiors cooler during the hot summer months! 8 . Switch Out Rugs: Area rugs not only add comfort underfoot but they can also serve aesthetic purposes by tying together different elements within spaces such as furniture pieces & wall colors/textures. If current area rugs are looking worn down, consider switching them out with newer ones in order give entire interiors fresher looks! 9 . Add Houseplants: Adding plants inside houses not only help purify air quality inside homes but also brings natural beauty indoors which helps soften interior looks especially when paired alongside more modern furnishings/accessories found within contemporary residences today. When selecting plants opt for those that require minimal maintenance such as succulents & cacti since these won’t require frequent watering like other varieties would need! 10 . Rearrange Furniture: Rearranging furniture isn’t just fun; this process helps create illusions of bigger /smaller spaces within houses depending on how items were moved around plus rearranging clears clutters from surfaces giving living quarters larger appearances than what’s there! And the best part about this? It’s completely free + takes little time… score!.